Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Final Frontier

The past couple of classes, Meg DulionLindsey Downing and I collaborated together to come up with a presentation geared towards teachers who are not sure whether they want to incorporate technology into their classrooms.  I enjoyed working with these two ladies because we all fed off of each other's ideas, and got the presentation done in a orderly fashion.  Using Google Drive was a great experience because it allowed us to use new technology (at least, for me it was) and work with new people.

By reading the article, "Teacher Pedagogical Beliefs: The Final Frontier in Our Quest for Technology Integration", we gathered enough information about how teachers really feel about new technology.  According to Becker, the author of the article, there are four reasons why computer integration is seen as valuable and successful and are as follows: (1) teachers "have convenient access", (2) teachers "are adequately prepared", (3) teachers "have some freedom in the curriculum", and (4) teachers "hold personal beliefs aligned with a constructivist pedagogy" when they have direct computer and other technology accesses.






4 comments:

  1. WOW...I must say, out of all the presentations I've seen, yours was nicest to look at. It was very colorful and beautiful. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the information presented in the power point, but remember to be professional. Some slides were cluttered with pictures. But over all I feel that you addressed the issue and gave a valid argument for teachers to change for the benefit of themselves and the students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome description of what the PowerPoint was for and why you're doing it! You made some really good points about why there needs to be a change about technology. And I like your pictures! Good job:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked using google drive too, I had used the old google docs back in high school and really liked that too so I definitely think that is could be used no matter what profession you go into.

    ReplyDelete