Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Twitter and Me


Yesterday, the class and I took a quiz via Twitter.  It was an interesting experience to say the least.  It was different than what most people are used to in their regular classrooms when taking quizzes.  At first it was a bit confusing, but once we started everyone started to get the hang of it.  

Before this class, I had a personal Twitter account, however, I never used it, ever.  Using Twitter in SEDU183 has definitely expanded my knowledge of the site.  I, personally, would prefer to not use Twitter a lot, only because it still confuses me, but I do enjoy getting to know how to use different technologies in the classroom.  Dr. Smith would tweet a question that he would like for us to answer, and everyone tweeted their two-cents.  After seeing everyone else's answers, my partners, Meg DulionLindsey Downing, and I used Facebook to communicate to each other what we wanted to write down officially on our quiz documents. It was a lot of fun using the different social networking websites to take a quiz.  Here is what went on during our Twitter quiz-time.  


Although Twitter seems to be permanently linked to being only for personal, and social uses, I do not believe that to be entirely true.  I feel that teachers could use Twitter, and maybe other social medias, to help their students learn the content subject as well as how to use technology inside and outside of the classroom.  We must utilize the new technology that have been presented to us to our advantage and teach/prepare our students for the future where technology is forever changing.

6 comments:

  1. It is good to see that you, as a pre-service teacher, are realizing the benefits that technology and social networks can be beneficial in the classroom and one day you can use them to enhance the learning of our future students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you learned something from this. I also think it was smart of you to use the actual conversation as your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reallly liked your post! You explained the quiz we took in class in great detail. I also like your links to the quiz page itself and to your partners pages! That was a good idea:) I too didn't use Twitter at all and I still don't really use it. But using it in class has made me not mind it as much as before. It's growing on me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that whenever anyone tries anything knew, especially with the internet, it is a little confusing at first. I definitely found it a little overwhelming when we first started hearing what we were going to have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree that Twitter can be confusing. When I have been in a hashtag conversations, I have sometimes had problems with getting other people's comments right away, and I need to refresh the page. Also there is so much going on! There can be so many people commenting at once, which can be confusing in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also think that teachers should use Twitter more inside the classroom. There would be a learning curve but ultimately I think it'd pay off

    ReplyDelete